Looking for a unique opportunity to implement best-in-class Business Intelligence solutions that improve the quality of life for children and families…here it is. Join the Ontario Trillium Foundation’s Measurement, Evaluation and Learning Team as the Business Intelligence (BI) Lead, and apply your experience and skills to create social benefit for Ontarians.
The Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF) is one of the largest granting foundations in Canada and its strategic investments support programs and projects that we know contribute to community wellbeing across Ontario.
Working with OTF offers the opportunity to build healthy and vibrant communities in Ontario, while working in an ever-evolving and open environment that promotes inclusivity and diversity. We are a team of high-performing, passionate, agile, life-long learners, who are just as ready for a challenge as we are ready to have fun.
We are currently looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Lead to design and implement a leading edge, fully integrated, Business Intelligence strategy. The incumbent will provide leadership in evolving the Business Intelligence vision, strategy and processes and implement innovative, rigorous and sustainable approaches for the Foundation.
- Develops and leads the implementation of the Foundation’s BI framework
- Develops the BI budget with general guidance from the Directors
- Develops the Foundation’s annual Business Intelligence plan with general guidance from the Directors
- Leads the BI/reporting life cycle (design, manage, deploy) and develops BI solutions - people, process and technology perspective
- Designs and implements OTF’s Data governance strategy, and acts as advocate and driver of the program in collaboration with Directors
- Supports the Measurement, Evaluation, and Learning department’s planning and strategy development
- Liaises with other OTF departments to integrate all BI matters related to performance measurement, data collection and reporting activities
- Participates in the development and execution of analytics roadmap strategies, business cases, RFP/RFI submissions, cost-benefit analysis and benefits realization deliverables
- Leadership and project management skills required to lead complex special project teams with internal and external stakeholders and consultants
- Experience in 360-degree enterprise-wide business intelligence solutions that connect digital tools to decision-makers through data warehouse, ETL layers, and analytic tools
- Data analytics, research, conceptual and problem solving skills required to design and manage implementation of complex data and business intelligence strategies to support research, program evaluation, performance management and other data-related initiatives
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including interpersonal and communication skills -internal and external
- Strong understanding of SQL and integration tools/platforms, with focus on Microsoft’s BI platform
- Experience with modern analysis and BI tools, for example: Excel, Tableau, SSAS, SSIS, SAS, and/or others
- Ability to learn and use a variety of programs and software tools, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel; social media and collaborative software tools
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally, primarily within Ontario
- Possesses a clear understanding of OTF’s Business Intelligence Strategy and acts as advocate and driver of the program
- Understands and can evaluate benefits and risks of on-premises and cloud-based solutions
- Supports data analysis and reporting activities as assigned
- Experience in analytics and application of statistical concepts and evaluation
- Provides research and analytical support to sector and technical experts; provides guidance to the Foundation’s Strategic and Community Investment Programs
- Bilingualism is an asset
- A team player with a sense of humour
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a Business Intelligence role in the for-profit or not-for- profit sector
- Experience and demonstrated success in project management
- University degree in any of the quantitative sciences or computer science
- Experience working in a multi-stakeholder environment with competing priorities
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume online: Apply now
For more information, please visit our website at: www.otf.ca
This posting will remain open until filled.
OTF is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.