We are one of Canada’s largest granting foundation and an agency of the Government of Ontario. With a budget of over $136 million, OTF awards grants to some 1,000 projects every year to build healthy and vibrant Ontario communities. OTF makes strategic investments that contribute to community wellbeing across six Action Areas: Active People, Connected People, Green People, Inspired People, Promising Young People and Prosperous People.
Each year, more than 3,000 applications are reviewed by hundreds of volunteers. Supported by professional and experienced staff, volunteers bring knowledge of local needs and a wide range of expertise to the decision-making process.
Working with OTF offers the opportunity to build healthy and vibrant communities in Ontario, while working in an ever-evolving and open environment that promotes inclusivity and diversity. We are a team of high-performing, passionate, agile, life-long learners, who are just as ready for a challenge as we are ready to have fun. Come and join us!
Reporting and operating under the guidance of the Volunteer Relations Manager, you will be a member of the Public Affairs team and support the coordination of activities geared toward stakeholder relations, with a focus on OTF volunteers. You will be tasked with recruitment, on-boarding and recognition as well as managing a contact system for volunteers and all stakeholders while supporting special projects and events.
- Working to leverage appointments of volunteers with the Public Appointments Secretariat as needed
- Collaborate on pro-active volunteer recruitment campaigns
- Assist in developing tools to oversee volunteer engagement issues
- Coordinate the volunteer on-boarding process including the orientation materials and training opportunities
- Prepare documents, correspondence, all in support of the work of volunteers
- Coordinate the volunteer appreciation processes, including tracking of recognition awards
- Oversee the monitoring of the volunteer and stakeholder data by maintaining the customer relations management system
- Support the development and execution of the Foundation’s Volunteer Conference
- Work closely with Executive Assistants of the Senior Leadership Team to ensure good maintenance of the system
- High degree of comfort with technology, digital communications, and various online platforms
- Experience with contact management systems and best practices in customer relations management (CRM)
- Experience in curriculum design and delivery is an asset
- Ability to travel across Ontario as needed
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work positively with a wide range of people with diverse sensibilities and competing needs
- Discretion and tact, and the ability to work with highly sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- French language skills would be a strong asset
- Accountability: Take ownership and deliver
- Agility: Embrace change and ambiguity
- Excellence: Be the best you can be and strive to be better
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in a relevant discipline and three to five years progressive experience within the non-profit, public or foundation sectors
- Two to five years’ experience in customer service or project management in a client service oriented environment
To apply for this position, please visit our website and submit your cover letter and resume online.
The closing date for this posting is November 17, 2017
For more information please visit our website at: www.otf.ca
We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve, including those who might need accommodation
OTF is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.