Youth Opportunities Fund grants over $13M to 36 projects benefiting youth
The Ontario Trillium Foundation announces a new round of Youth Opportunities Fund grants on behalf of the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.
The Youth Opportunities Fund (YOF) provides grants and capacity building supports to Indigenous-led and Black-led grassroots groups, community-based organizations, and collaboratives focused on improving the wellbeing of youth, and families facing systemic barriers. The ongoing fund supports projects that provide youth and families with:
- Creative and innovative outlets that inspire them
- Resources and peer support to build healthier relationships
- Engagement opportunities that strengthen system navigation
- New skills to achieve success at school and in their careers
- Access to culturally relevant community programs
This year, a total of 36 projects are receiving over $13M of funding, which includes:
- 20 Youth Innovations Streams grants receiving over $5.5M of funding
- 12 Family Innovations Stream grants receiving $3.7M of funding
- 4 System Innovations Stream grants receiving over $4M of funding
Since its launch in 2013, YOF has awarded over $81M to 273 projects across Ontario. By supporting local groups who best understand the needs of youth and families, unique opportunities can be offered to help build connections, skills, and a sense of belonging.
“Across the province, grassroots groups, and collaboratives are working on innovative solutions and opportunities to help youth and their families achieve their goals and build a brighter future,” said Blair Dimock, Vice-president, Partnerships and Measurement, Ontario Trillium Foundation. “These new YOF grants bring critical funding to Indigenous-led and Black-led groups, ensuring that youth and parents are resourced to make positive impacts in their communities with culturally anchored programs that support wellbeing.”
- The Ontario Trillium Foundation is an agency of the Government of Ontario and one of Canada’s leading granting foundations.
- YOF is administered by the Ontario Trillium Foundation on behalf of the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.
- Since 2013, YOF has awarded over $81M to 273 projects aimed at improving the wellbeing of youth, and families facing barriers across Ontario.
- The Youth Innovations Stream provides young people facing systemic barriers with the resources they need to design and deliver inspiring solutions to issues that matter to them.
- The Family Innovations Stream invests in the work of grassroots groups delivering culturally anchored projects that empower and support parents, guardians and caregivers.
- The System Innovations Stream supports collaboratives that are strengthening the quality and responsiveness of systems, so they work better for youth facing systemic barriers.